As we shift into both a New Year and a new decade, it leaves us with the opportunity for retrospection and evaluation of what we want out of life. It's the perfect opportunity to set goals and establish important lifestyle choices. Popular resolutions range from eating right to reading more, and by looking at the top 6 New Year resolutions, hopefully, it can inspire you to accomplish your goals in 2020.
- Eat Healthier. Switching to a healthy diet can be challenging with so many temptations, especially when emotional eating can impede your progress. Having some excellent restaurants focused on healthy foods can help you more easily achieve your goal. Urban Fresh on East Pennington Street features fresh, local, plant-based options to fuel your body or Choice Greens located on Speedway has fresh and healthy choices, including salads, sandwiches, and paninis. Picking up local ingredients at the St. Philip's Plaza or Heirloom Farmers Market is a great way to source healthy local ingredients to make delicious home-cooked meals.
- Get in Shape. While motivation can move you in January, a foundation of good habits will carry you throughout the year. Building habits is difficult, so make it easy on yourself in the beginning. Getting in shape with others can be an excellent motivator, and Let's Sweat on 6th Ave or Orangetheory Fitness locations throughout Tucson are great options to help keep you accountable.
- Save Money. It's nice to build up a rainy day fund, save for a trip, or work towards a down payment on a home. Setting specific goals, automating transfers to savings, and tracking your spending to get financially ahead in 2020 will set you up for long-term success. Awareness of how you spend your money and adopting a frugal mindset can help you save big in the New Year.
- Focus on Self-Care. Having better self-care in 2020 includes building your confidence, self-esteem, and focusing on the positives in your life. Getting out into the community can help you develop personally in the New Year, and volunteering at organizations such as Pima Animal Care Center or Habitat for Humanity Tucson can help you connect with others and build your inner strength.
- Read More. Books are an excellent source of knowledge and excitement, and it is also a great way to keep your brain sharp. Develop a habit of reading by stopping into local book shops such as Antigone Books on 4th Ave or find a classic at Bookman's locations.
- Make New Friends. It's easy to want to stay at home and relax, but you would be missing out on the enhanced mental-wellbeing that comes from meeting new people. Social networking sites such as Meetup.com lists events happening in our local area, or joining groups that align with your hobbies is one of the best ways to meet friends with common interests.